Only virtue gives a good karma
And the greatest of all virtue is compassion
Life is Life fight for it.
Life is Life fight for it.
Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is a beauty, admire it.
Life is bliss, taste it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is costly, care for it.
Life is wealth, keep it. Life is love, enjoy it.
Life is mystery, know it.
Life is a promise, fulfil it.
Life is a sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is Life, fight for it.”
So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is……….fear itself – nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and of vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory. And I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days(FRANKLIN .D.ROOSEVELT)
HUMAN HISTORY & EPIDEMIC DISASTERS
Human history is full of epidemics, disasters. Human history is probably the story of man’s struggle. Presently, the worldwide Corona is a worrying event. Man’s psychology is controlled by fear and greed. Till a few days ago there was an empire of fear, the news of the arrival of medicine (vaccine) has now replaced fear with carelessness. (Hoffmann said: “There is no solution to this crisis without a properly functioning vaccine.”) Until everything is normal, this game of fear and greed will continue. The flood of information creates a strange fear, panic and uncertainty.Best learned from history, how our ancestors defeated the epidemics. How he defeated the epidemics by adopting a simple lifestyle. When all the doctors, nurses, scientists of the world are trying to defeat Corona together then it becomes our moral responsibility to cooperate with them.
She is eighteen years old and her name is sister” Ananda.” That means sister joy. She is doing work for me. She is my arms and legs. As for me, I offer my suffering and my prayers for her. That gives her the strength to act. It’s wonderful every day we are in touch with each other across a distance of thousands of miles simply through the power of prayer. In the name of the meaning I have found for my life, you can be sure, Josef, dear friend, that from now on I shall offer my suffering for you also, that you, too, may have the good fortune I have had. (Beyond love)
Just a few days ago, a neighbor was found at the grocery store of the locality, the age would also be more than 70 years, no mask, trying to convince the people present there that all this corona problem is due to urban lifestyle. . He said that old people like him who have spent their childhood in the village, have eaten fresh vegetables, fruits; such people cannot have a corona. A few days ago, such radical thinking shook the entire nation. The people who (Namaz) Islamic prayer could not be corona, with the feeling that people had refused to believe that there was no congregation in mosques. In Muslim countries, the movement against polio is also part of this thinking. Many polio doctors and nurses have been murdered in Pakistan as anti-religious. A few months earlier, public transport was closed due to Corona. , The migration of people working in metros to their villages was a very heart-breaking event. Thousands of people came on the road with their families. There was no end to the rumor’s. All the efforts of the government were proving to be futile. It took a long time to convince people, and get to know the truth.
The book THE GRAPES OF WRATH WRITTEN BY JOHN STEINBECK on America’s GREAT DEPRESSION is remembered. Some of these situations are described by my favorite author DOMINIQUE LAPIERRE in his famous book Beyond Love.
I don’t know whether it was out of horror of gays of terror of AIDS, but they left me practically without nursing for two days, Josef Stein would recount. They left my meal trays in corridor. No one would come into my room to empty my bedpan or tidy up. The rare nurses who brought me my medicine had masks on their faces, gloves on their hands, and were dressed in special clothing. They looked like astronauts. Not one single doctor examined the Kaposi’s lesions on my legs and arms. They caused me terrible discomfort. My skin had become so hard; my limbs so rigid, I was in desperate need of a message. No one dared to touch me… During these two nightmarish days I heard not a single word of comfort, not one expression of sympathy. I was treated worse than an animal.
THE PLAGUE MANIFESTO
In May 1898, when a plague epidemic broke out in Calcutta and numbers of terror –stricken residents fled the city in panic, swami Vivekananda wrote this manifesto in Bengali, which was printed and freely distributed amongst the people.
Om Salutations to Bhagavan Shri Ramakrishna
Brothers of Calcutta!
- 1. We feel happy when you are happy, and we suffer when you suffer. Therefore, during these days of extreme adversity, we are striving and ceaselessly praying for your welfare and an easy way to save you from disease and the fear of an epidemic.
- 2. If that grave disease — fearing which both the high and the low, the rich and the poor are all fleeing the city — ever really comes in our midst, then even if we perish while serving and nursing you, we will consider ourselves fortunate because you are all embodiments of God. He who thinks otherwise — out of vanity, superstition or ignorance — offends God and incurs great sin. There is not the slightest doubt about it.
- 3. We humbly pray to you — please do not panic due to unfounded fear. Depend upon God and calmly try to find the best means to solve the problem. Otherwise, join hands with those who are doing that very thing.
- 4. What is there to fear? The terror that has entered people’s hearts due to the occurrence of the plague has no real ground. Through God’s will, nothing of the terrible form that plague takes, as seen in other places, has occurred in Calcutta. The government authorities have also been particularly helpful to us. So what is there to fear?
- 5. Come, let us give up this false fear and, having faith in the infinite compassion of God, gird our loins and enter the field of action. Let us live pure and clean lives. Disease, fear of an epidemic, etc., will vanish into thin air by His grace.
- 6. (a) Always keep the house and its premises, the rooms, clothes, bed, drain, etc., clean.
- (b) Do not eat stale, spoiled food; take fresh and nutritious food instead. A weak body is more susceptible to disease.
- (c) Always keep the mind cheerful. Everyone will die once. Cowards suffer the pangs of death again and again, solely due to the fear in their own minds.
- (d) Fear never leaves those who earn their livelihoods by unethical means or who cause harm to others. Therefore, at this time when we face the great fear of death, desist from all such behaviour.
- (e) During the period of epidemic, abstain from anger and from lust — even if you are householders.
- (f) Do not pay any heed to rumours.
- (g) The British government will not vaccinate anyone by force. Only those who are willing will be vaccinated.
- (h) There will be no lack of effort in treating the afflicted patients in our hospital under our special care and supervision, paying full respect to religion, caste and the modesty (Purdah) of women. Let the wealthy run away! But we are poor; we understand the heartache of the poor. The Mother of the Universe is Herself the support of the helpless. The Mother is assuring us: “Fear not! Fear not!”
- 7. Brother, if there is no one to help you, then send information immediately to the servants of Shri Bhagavan Ramakrishna at Belur Math. There will be no dearth of help that is physically possible. By the grace of the Mother, monetary help will also be possible.
N. B. In order to remove the fear of the epidemic, you should sing Nâma Sankirtanam [the name of the Lord] every evening and in every locality.
THE COMPLETE WORKS OF SWAMI VIVEKANANDA
Nothing is of greater importance than the conservation of human life.”
“The history of interactions among disparate peoples is what shaped the modern world through conquest, epidemics and genocide. Those collisions created reverberations that have still not died down after many centuries, and that are actively continuing in some of the world’s most troubled areas. Jared Dimond Guns,Germs,and Steel : The Fates of Human Societies.
To keep employees safe; to secure shared business continuity with suppliers and customers; to ensure fair prices for essential supplies for end consumers; to offer full support to governments and society; to maintain the long-term viability of companies for shareholders; and to continue sustainability efforts, including to fight climate chan(World Economic Forum and businesses)